Friday, July 17, 2009

Happy 3rd Birthday

I can't believe we have hit the milestone of 3! This last year in Jonas' life sure has flown. Having another child during that time has certainly made time pass more quickly. For a while I struggled with sadness of not having more dedicated time with Jonas, after Ivy arrived. I know most mom's go through that. Thankfully Jonas is Mr. Independent and really didn't have much difficulty adjusting when Ivy came. I probably had a harder time with it than he did!
This year has brought many changes for him. A new room, a big bed, first ER visit, a new baby sister, swimming by himself with a life jacket, learning to sing and memorize many songs, difficulty and some accomplishment with potty training, buckling himself into his car seat, being mommy's big helper on a daily basis and the list could go on and on. Lately we have been challenged as parents with all of the "but why?" questions and reasoning's of a 3 yrs old. Like..."not right now mommy" after I asked him to do something, or "but I want to play!"
We have been laughing and cringing this last week over Jonas' antics and attitude. I told Joe, its like Jonas got ADD as soon as he turned 3! He's had a rough few days but they have gotten better. :-)
We love our Jonas and he really is a sweet heart. He loves his sister so much and plays very well with her. He wants to include her in everything he does. I'm almost saddened at how fast he is changing. Where has time gone? Where is my chubby little guy? What a reminder that every day is so important to try to raise him in the way God intends for us to. We have such a great responsibility. We are challenged every day! And we are so thankful. We love you buddy.


birthday party with family-I made him a choo choo train cake



a second party with friends and a hair cut inbetween
I made a cookie cake for that party. It was fun and very yummy.





This is a very cool froggie tent from grandma and grandpa. See...Jonas had to have Ivy in there with him. Doesn't she looked thrilled? :-)

4 Comments:

Blogger A Hint of Home said...

Happy Birthday Buddy! He has brought so much joy to all our lives. He comes up with such funny things to say. He cracks us up.
Ivy may not look happy but she will come to love the tent. lol

10:36 PM  
Blogger Rachel said...

Precious pictures of your precious big boy;). You did a great job on the cakes!

3:58 PM  
Blogger Stephens said...

Great pics and memories in this post. I joined you down "memory lane" in thinking about seeing Jonas the day after he was born and getting to spend several times with you all in his first year of life. I miss him and wish I could be part of the changes and milestones he's experiencing now. Give him a big hug and kiss for me!

1:25 AM  
Blogger Michelle said...

happy 3rd birthday! He's so handsome! and what a cake!

10:38 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home